CSA pick ups begin the week of June 14!
First week pick up dates: Tuesday, June 16, Thursday June 18, Friday June 19
Hours: Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays 11am – 7pm
You must choose a pick up time slot!
Due to COVID-19, we have modified our pickup method: we are pre-packing CSA shares for all members and each primary shareholder will choose a one-hour pick up time slot.
At 9am on June 2 we will add a link HERE to sign up, so check back then!
Time slots are first come, first serve. The window to sign up is from:
June 2nd, 9am through June 9th, 9am
There will be an option to choose three times that work for you. Once we compile the choices from everyone, we will create a schedule and let you know what your pick up day and one hour time slot is.
*Please note that this sign up is for CURRENT CSA PRIMARY SHAREHOLDERS ONLY! If you do not have a 2020 CSA share and/or are not the primary shareholder, please do not sign up.
This is what you can expect this season:
1. The 2020 season will begin the week of June 14th and run for 20 weeks.
2. Pick up hours will be Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays; 11am – 7pm each day.
3. Each primary shareholder will choose a one-hour time slot to pick up their share each week. This will be the time slot for the season.
4. Just one person per share (primary shareholder, partner, friend) may walk up to the barn to pick up. Face masks MUST be worn.
5. Share partners can meet at their cars to divide their share. Partners are responsible for providing their own containers to split their share; we will not provide bags.
6. Each share will be a pre-packaged in a biodegradable bag with a selection of the veggies we have that week, the same amount as a typical share. We will also be using biodegradable bags to pack your greens that are included in your share.
7. We are limiting the number of pick ups per hour. These staggered pick ups will provide a safer environment for everyone.
8. We ask that anyone with symptoms avoid coming to the farm and send someone else to pick up their share for them.
9. Pick Your Own fields will be open. There will be a check-in at the PYO gate and we’ll be limiting the number of members in the field at one time. To start the season, members will only be able to pick in the fields during their one-hour pick up time slot.
10. All members will be required to wash their hands before entering the fields (we will provide a wash station at the entrance). In addition, members must wear a mask and practice social distancing while picking.
11. For safety reasons we will not be providing shared scissors; members will be required to bring their own. We will provide single use bags and containers for field picking.
12. We will set up safe-distancing lines to both the barn and the PYO fields with clear markers 6 feet apart.
13. We are happy to work with anyone who is immune compromised! Please reach out and let us know how we can help.
Additional Covid19 Information
Governor Baker’s detailed plan for re-opening Massachusetts
Today Governor Charlie Baker announced his plan for a phased re-opening of Massachusetts. As of today, phase one will go into affect. Workplaces that are permitted to open are required to follow new safety protocols and guidance. While this phase doesn’t directly relate to the CSA, because we are not ‘reopening’, the protocols and guidance are just as relevant to us as they are to businesses starting back up. We have implemented our safety plan and continue to adjust per official guidelines. We are staying up to date and will share any relevant news with you, ongoing.
Here is a link to the Governor’s re-opening plan:
Governor Charlie Baker
You can also stay up to date with local policies here:
Town of Ipswich
We are happy to help.
Feel free to get in touch with any questions!
978-356-5728 ext. 4115
We can’t thank you enough for your continued support.
Please stay safe!
~ The Appleton Farms team
Remember to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
for more updates, photos and videos of your favorite farmers in action.
Cover photo by Terri Unger